For other thirteen’s, wander over to Alice’s.
1. I love Amazing Grace played on bagpipes (it’s my favorite song) and not just because I love a man in a kilt.
Men’s bare legs are so sexy…
2. I always have the radio playing on the drive to work. I switch between stations to keep music playing the whole time. I find people talking in the morning very annoying. Who am I kidding? I’m almost always annoyed.
3. I never have the radio playing on my drive home from work.
It makes me cringed. I need quiet.
4. I want a piano. I will have one someday.
5. I prefer live music to listening to it in any recorded form.
6. I like the bass, with its pounding beat vibrating through my head. I like bass players, too. They are laid back and cool. My least favorite instrument is a screaming guitar and I’ve never much been fond of the people who like to play that way. They are usually brash and insane. (Yes, I am making broad generalizations. Political correctness is a dirty word, even though it’s actually a phrase but you get my meaning.)
7. I think The Beatles are highly over-rated as musicians.
I dislike Paul McCartney’s music the most.
7. I can play the violin, guitar and piano and I can read music, but none of it very well, because like Eliza Bennet (from the A & E version of Pride and Prejudice) I don’t practice or apply myself to it.
8. I play a CD of a thunderstorm at my desk all day at work to stay calm.
9. I have a pretty apple green iPod but I haven’t listened to it in about six months. I don’t know how to put music on it. My daughter and son-in-law loaded the music for me.
10. I listen to Gregorian chants when I don’t want to be distracted.
11. I chose The Monkee’s “I’m a Believer” as my wedding song. Yep, yes, I did. They were so cute. I watched their TV show all of the time.
12. I picked Van Morrison’s “Browned Eyed Girl” as my daughter’s song when she was born because she has big, beautiful, dark, soft-brown eyes.
13. I get serenaded by my husband. He croons in the style of Frank Sinatra.
“I” started every one of these sentences with “I” because “I” needed to be the center of attention after having to deal with completely-unreasonable-screaming-banshee-woman. I can’t tell you about this adult (that’s in physical years, not actual maturity – a grown man’s pseudo mommy aka a nutso girl friend) but you should just know that sometimes my life is a living hell.