I saw this at Alice’s Restaurant. I don’t know if there’s any rhyme or reason or if its just about the 13’s (my favorite number.)
So, here’s the list of how I avoided writing this week’s installment of Rose and Prince Brendan.
13 Ways to Avoid Writing
1. Look for 50 different websites about plotting and outlining your story.
2. Make another list of your characters, only this time put them in alphabetical order because organization is important.
3. See who’s online at Facebook even though you haven’t figure what to do once you know.
4. Keep going back to see responses to comments you left on blogs.
5. Spend 45 minutes trying to find a name like Panjoun or Panijaun or Porijoun or Ponyoun without success. I bet you wonder why. Me, too.
6. Look up former Roman Emperors for another 45 minutes for one single name for a new character for the story your are avoiding writing.
7. Go to the bathroom.
8. Go get a glass of water.
9. Read each piece of junk mail before sorting into two piles. Pile one for mail with no personal information on it that can be put in the paper recycle bag. Pile two is for papers with names and addresses that need to be shredded.
10. Shred each piece of junk mail individually so the shredder does not overheat.
11. Listen to the wind blow outside the window allowing the sound to lull you into a state of torpor. Look up the definition of “torpor” to make sure it is the word you wanted and not just a word you like because of the sound it makes in your head. Add the word “torpor” to your list of favorite words. Review the other words on that list, thinking of clever ways to use them in sentences.
12. Go to the bathroom.
13. Make this list.