“Dona Nobis Pacem” – Latin for “Grant Us Peace”
Thirteen Reasons to Like Peace
1. Peace is cool. You get to lay around and relax as opposed to War where you have to duck and weave and bob to avoid hot things like bombs and bullets.
3. Peace is a greeting. War is not.
5. Peace is the true objective of war according to Sun Tzu’s The Art of War, so why not just skip war and go directly to peace?
6. “Peace is liberty in tranquility.” Cicero
7. John Lennon’s – Give Peace a Chance is a very snappy song.
8. Peace requires less clean up.
9. Peace has a coveted prize.
10. Peace has its own Corps.
11. The Peace Poem
13. Need I say more than this?
For more 13’s, visit Alice’s Restaurant.
* * *
Today is the fifth day of NaNoWriMo 2009.
Total word count so far: 7,258
My user name is goldennib.
If you are doing NaNo too, look me up so we can be NaNo Buddies.
For novels completed in previous years, as they came off of my fingertips: