1. THE AVERAGE HUMAN BODY HOLDS ENOUGH… fat to make 7 bars of soap.
2. A sunbeam setting out through space at the rate of 186,000 miles a second would go in a gigantic circle and return to its origins after about 200 billion years. ([How do they know this?] [If true, than life really is one big circle.])
3. It takes 3,000 cows to supply a single season’s worth of footballs for the National Football League.
4. The ant has the largest brain in the animal kingdom, in proportion to its size. > An ant can lift 50 times its own weight, which is equivalent to a human being pulling a 10-ton trailer.
5. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
6. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
7. If NASA sent birds into space they would soon die, they need gravity to swallow.
8. Goethe couldn’t stand the sound of barking dogs and could only write if he had an apple rotting in the drawer of his desk.
9. Gilligan of Gilligan’s Island had a first name that was only used once, on the never-aired pilot show. His first name was Willy. The skipper’s real name on Gilligan’s Island is Jonas Grumby. It was mentioned once in the first episode on their radio’s newscast about the wreck.
10. Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
11. The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
12. Elephants sleep only 2 hours a day and can remain standing after they die.
13. Personal hygiene left much room for improvement. As a result, many women and men had developed acne scars by adulthood. The women would spread bee’s wax over their facial skin to smooth out their complexions. When they were speaking to each other, if a woman began to stare at another woman’s face she was told, ‘mind your own bee’s wax.’ Should the woman smile, the wax would crack, hence the term ‘crack a smile’. In addition, when they sat too close to the fire, the wax would melt . … . Therefore, the expression ‘losing face.’
For other thirteen’s, wander over to Alice’s.